Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mood Indigo

What if I am an indigo child?  If you are not familiar with that term, it's cool because I had never heard of it until yesterday either. I Googled the word 'indigo' as well as a few other search terms like 'color theory' and 'spiritual dark blue' until I was satisfied that I had the full story.

Towards the end of my search, just about to the point where I was about to call it done because my answers regarding the vision board did not seem to be about any of the stuff I was reading, I stumbled onto the indigo children.  A woman, allegedly a psychic, named Nancy Ann Tappe noticed a large number of children born during the 60's that all had indigo auras.  These indigo children are claimed to have unusual spiritual gifts, possibly even super natural gifts, of empathy, creativity and telepathy.

Since I am not one to board the nearest band wagon with a free seat, I am still letting this idea ferment inside myself.  But there are some interesting points to ponder here, this is how Wikipedia describes potential indigo children.
  • the belief that they are empathetic, curious, strong willed, independent, and often perceived by friends and family as being strange
  • possesses a clear sense of self definition and purpose
  • exhibit a strong subconscious spirituality from early childhood (which, however, does not imply a direct interest in spiritual or religious areas)
  • a strong feeling of entitlement or deserving to be here
  • a high intelligence quotient and an inherent intuitive ability
  • a resistance to rigid, control-based paradigms of authority
Sound like anyone we know?  I have to admit that all the above things resonate quite truthfully for me but there is a sound argument to be made that most people fit the above criteria.  I disagree with that, quite a bit actually, but I am not here to debate the validity of indigo children.  At least not yet.

While I do like the idea of having a fall guy (exasperated person, "What is your problem NOW Cairn?", me, "I'm an indigo child" shrugs shoulders and moves blithely on) and am more than willing to be obnoxious about the whole situation, I'm glad my mom never found out about this.

I can't even imagine the course my life would have taken if Jean had latched on to the indigo child movement.  It's a bullet well dodged for truly.

As it happens, my vision board was not about any such thing.  It came to me last night in the shower, not too long after I posted about useless blogs.  Which, by the way, I do not regret, feel sorry about or have any desire to back pedal away from.  As usual with my fits of temper, I'm glad it happened.

It cleared the decks for a revelation and that revelation is right in front of you if you are reading this blog in its original form.  Take a close look at this page - not the words because this one time, the words are NOT important - what do you see?

I see a field of varying shades of dark blue with a white lacy script at the top.  Oh my!

That Nelly, she never steers me wrong and she is telling me that we are on the right track, that the road to publishing success is through this blog and that we are ready to fly.  So, so ready.

The thing is that I can't fly alone, I need you to help make my dream come true.  Americans love an underdog story and I am that dog, a shaggy mutt from Sacramento, California with a sweet story and a big desire to share it with the world.

So, if you like this blog, please share it with someone, please visit Prospector's facebook page and give him a like or add some words of encouragement to this page.  Your support means the world to me, literally.




No comments:

Post a Comment